Saturday, February 2, 2008

Superman/Batman





The current run of Superman/Batman by DC Comics is my favorite series. I have ever single issue (at the time of this blog it is up to issue #42). My favorite issues are #7-#13 by Michael Turner. During these issues Turner reintroduces the comic world to Supergirl. I love these issues so much that I was lucky enough to meet Michael Turner at a Seattle con and had him autograph issue #8 (both 1st print and both sketch cover variant). Turner was so cool and nice to talk too. He is so talented and continues to impress the comic world while going through cancer remission.


Anyways, yesterday I decided to buy the TPB (trade paper back) of those issues so I wouldn't have to keep reopening the original issues. I found it on Half.com brand new for $5.25 (retails for $12.99) and I snatched it up. Fast forward to today when I went into the Fusion Odyssey in Spokane Valley. Troy the owner has tons of comics, video games, movies and toys for buy or trade. So, I keep bringing in old comics, or games for store credit. I say hi, and start to shop. I get back to the comics and what does he have on his shelf, but the same damn TPB that I just bought. "Shit" I muttered under my breath. I grabbed it and told Troy, "I just bought this damn trade yesterday online." Why didn't I wait to look at his shop you might ask? Don't all comic book shops sell the same comics? Not Troy. His inventory is always changing and only gets new stuff when people bring it in to trade. Troy told me that a guy just brought in lots of Superman/Batman issues. My mind (that is full of minutia) kicked into overdrive. "Did you get a copy of issue #8?" I asked. Success! He had one and in decent shape. I was a little pissed that I had already paid for trade online, but I did walk out with another copy of issue #8 valued at $12 for free. "Holy Testicle Tuesday Batman!"

No comments: