Thursday, March 20, 2008

"That's one trouble with dual identities, Robin. Dual responsibilities."

I realized something funny the other day at work. I have a duel identity. I am a boss while at work and a father/husband while at home. Why is that funny you ask? Well, it's how my employee's see me. At my position that I held for 1 1/2 years as Retail Manager my employees quickly learned my passion for comic books, that plus I wear glasses. Because of that, they call me superman. I thought that was a great complement and I took it in stride. Now fast forward to my new position as General Manager, new location, new staff, I've only been there barely a month and they call me Batman. Again, a great complement. I find it funny how my two different staffs see me. I guess that makes me Composite Superman. Below is a picture of Composite Superman and a brief history.

Composite Superman, from World's Finest Comics #283, 1982. (first appearance).
In Superman/Batman #6 Hiro Okamura creates a spaceship in the form of a mecha version of the Composite Superman. In a more recent arc in Superman/Batman, a new Composite Superman Batman was created when Mister Mxyzptlk merged the Supermen and Batmen of several alternate realities together. Startled to be joined together, Batman mentally exclaimed to Superman, "Clark, your mind races, I never knew"; Superman replies, "And yours Bruce, is so dark". This ends at the battle's conclusion, and all the Batmen and Supermen who didn't "need to be here" were sent away (Leaving only the normal DCU Superman and Batman).

Anyways, I have to buy this figure now for my office to add to my shelf of superheros.

No comments: